• Ride/Attraction Type: Bobsled
• Track Type: Steel
• Opened: 1986
• Highest Point: 60 Feet
• Ride Length: 1490 Feet
• Maximum Speed: 32 MPH
• Number of Trains: 6
• Number of Cars Per Train: 1
• Passengers Per Car: 6
• Manufacturer: Intamin AG
• Ride Colors: Yellow, Red, Black Track & Green Supports
• Installed as Avalanche Bobsled at Six Flags Over Texas, coming from Six Flags Magic Mountain.
• Renamed from Avalanche Bobsled to La Vibora.
• La Vibora recieves paint job: yellow track & green supports.
• La Vibora receives paint job: yellow, red, black track & green supports.
Did You Know?
Sarajevo Bobsleds to Avalanche Bobsled
This ride opened up at Six Flags Magic Mountain in 1984 as Sarajevo Bobsleds. However, as part of the ride rotation program that the Six Flags chain was operating in the 1980s, it was moved to Six Flags Over Texas only one year later.
In 1985, the ride officially opened at Six Flags Over Texas as Avalanche Bobsled, sporting the same light blue paint scheme from it's season at Magic Mountain.
In 1995, the ride was repainted and renamed to fully embrace it's Spain location within the park.
Rain, Rain, Go Away
Guests may find that on a rainy day La Vibora will not operate. Actually, the ride will not operate with even the slightest amount of moisture in the trough.
Due to La Vibora's method of travel, it is unsafe to operate the ride in wet conditions.