General Tips & Info
When does Holiday in the Park operate?
Holiday in the Park operates on select dates from November 17th through January 7th. Please check the park's official operating schedule for details on daily operating hours.
Christmas Lights Galore
Six Flags Over Texas adds a generous amount of Christmas lights throughout the park. Deep in the Heart of Christmas, located in Boomtown, provides over 8 miles of lighting. The park also has multiple locations for Christmas light shows, such as the Tree of Trees at the Silver Star Mall and Lone Star Lights in the Texas section near the Gold River Adventure entrance.
A new addition for 2017 is the Merry Marketplace in the Texas section. This area has specialized holiday food, including soup in bread bowls, loaded baked potatoes, and cinnamon rolls. These items can be found at The Cozy Cafe (Go Fresh Cafe) and the Red Hot Cinnamon Stop (Dippin' Dots Sundaes stand). Your Dining Pass CAN be used on these items.
Many vendors are also located throughout the park at specialty stands. Please note that Dining Passes cannot be used at vendor stands:
- Lone Star Nuts (Star Mall) & German Roasted Nuts (Tower) - Assortments of roasted cinnamon and chocolate voered nuts, including pecans, almonds, cashews, and more.
- Holiday Coffee Kiosks (Star Mall & Mexico) - Specialty coffess and hot chocolate, including flavors such as caramel, gingerbread, peppermint, Irish Cream, and more.
- Street Tacos (USA) - Smoked BBQ street tacos, smoked sausage, hot beverages.
- Kettle Corn (USA) - Assortments of homemade kettle corn and other items.
- Texas O' So Good (Gotham City) - Ham, cheddar, and cranberry melts, meatball grilled cheese melts, parmesan-crusted pizza grilled cheese, taco grilled cheese, chili and cheese burritos, and s'mores brownies.
- German Food Kitchen (Gotham City) - Bratwurst, jalapeno sausage, kraut, German potato salad, struffed pretzels, creme puffs, cookies, and warm beverages.
- Epic Cones (Gotham City) - Fresh cones filled with holiday turkey and dressing. Other options include tamales, pumpkin cheesecake, herb chicken, pizza, brisket, peach cobbler, candy apple cobbler, cheese cake, and red velvet.
- Texas "Big" Skillet (Boomtown) - Famous cowboy burritos, cowboy nachos, grilled steak sandwiches, tortilla dogs, smoked chicken quesadillas, and hot beverages.
- Holiday Beer Kiosk (Boomtown) - Serving seasonal beers with some available in holiday mugs.
- Holiday Nachos (Mexico) - Red and green nachos, tamales, and hot beverages.
- Mexico Big Skillet (Mexico) - Chicken or beef fajitas, quesadillas, fajita nachos, and hot beverages.
- Porkrind Trailer (Mexico) - Pork rinds, fried pies, and fried Oreos.
New for 2017
New for 2017 includes the Merry Marketplace as well as Santa's Outpost. Merry Marketplace, located in the Texas section, is a large themed area that includes specialized food, holiday entertainment, shopping, and more. You can click here to read the park's news release on this new event or scroll down for more information.
All I Want for Christmas
Join Miss Persimmons in her Christmas toy shop as she and the cast of All I Want For Christmas sing many favorite current and classic Christmas tunes. Located in the Southern Palace Theatre.
A Jolly Holiday
At the end of each evening, gather around the Silver Star Carousel Stage for one final holiday celebration. A Jolly Holiday features dancers, the Looney Tunes characters, Santa's reindeer, and Santa Claus himself. (Please Note: Santa goes back to the North Pole 12/23)
Christmas Tree Lighting
Join Santa Claus in the Silver Star Mall area near the entrance of the park each evening as he leads the lighting of the Tree of Trees. Ends 12/23
Deep in the Heart of Christmas
Featuring over 8 miles of Christmas lights, Deep in the Heart of Christmas is an impressive lighting spectacle that takes over the streets, buildings, and trees of the park's Boomtown section.
Lone Star Lights
Christmas lights strung all over buildings, trees, and bushes illuminate and dance to your favorite Christmas tunes. Located in Texas near the entrance of Gold River Adventure.
Tree of Trees Light Spectacular
Gather around the Silver Star Mall throughout the evening as the Tree of Trees presents many entertaining Christmas light shows to popular holiday music.
New for 2017, Merry Marketplace includes all the feelings of a hometown holiday. Included is Santa's Outpost, the Johnson Creek Critter Corral filled with furry friends, a vintage fire truck for great photos, Texas-sized mistletoe, and a plethora of specialty food options.
Stop by Santa's Outpost to have your own personal meeting with Santa Claus himself. Also explore Santa's workshop and work on "top secret" gifts. Children can also interact and read stories with Mrs. Claus. (Ends 12/23. Reservations required.)
Frosty Snow Hill
Frosty Snow Hill is a Holiday in the Park classic. Guests can experience what it is like to sled down a legitimate snow hill. Located in the Tower section near the entrance of Music Mill Amphitheater.
Fire Pits & S'Mores
Guests can purchase a s'mores kit from various locations and line up around one of many fire pits for a great experience. Fire pits are located all around the park.
Have a question regarding Holiday in the Park? Contact us directly or connect with us on social media.